Thursday 20 June 2013

Games are dead

I know it's a sad thing to say but honestly, look around you. Can you not see it? Back in the day we had some of the greatest games and systems ever. The Gameboy, the Game Gear, The NES, MEGADRIVE, Sega Saturn, Playstation, SNES, Sega CD, Dreamcast, N64... the list goes on. And every one of these consoles had fantastic games on them. But nowadays that seems to be over. Since the announcement of the PS4 and the Xbox One, I have lost a ton of faith in the game industry. Most games worth buying do not even get released on a disc anymore and instead are released as DLC which, I cannot stress enough, is THE WORST thing that was ever introduced to the game market. I mean for Christs sake, people are actually stupid enough to by this crap! That has a lot to do with how gaming is on it's death bed.

Just to let you know Sony and Microsoft, I'm never buying anymore of your consoles. PS4 and XBOX ONE is NOT getting my money. EVER. I'd rather buy a WII U for the love of God. I don't want digital download rubbish and I certainly don't want online only consoles. I hate online gaming with a passion. Even more than I love offline gaming. And that's saying something. And I don't like stupid cameras on my games consoles either. Oh hey, and you know what else I hate? Game consoles that are no longer game consoles and instead serve as some kind of retarded all in one entertainment system. I have a TV, I have a CD player, I have a DVD and/or Blue Ray player too so I don't want that crap in my game console. Perhaps the saddest part is all the young children of today are going to grow up with this rubbish thinking that this is what gaming is all about. They aren't going to have all the great things we had. Nowdays kids just want to play overrated shit such as Call of Duty or Battlefield which probably took 20 minutes to make by a mentally retarded child, rather than the fantastic legendary games we had such as Ocarina of Time or Bubble Bobble. All in all I think it'd be better if the world was to end than to let this downward spiral continue.

So to conclude this rant, you folks who enjoy DLC rubbish and modern consoles that are always online and have silly cameras on them constantly on day and night you go enjoy the Xbox One and PS4 (if that's even possible) and I'll be on the SNES if anyone needs me.

SAVE GAMES.
Dan.

1 comment:

  1. Finally someone telling the truth. Thank you sir :)

    ReplyDelete